Administrative Assistant Position Opening
Job description—Church Administrative Assistant
Position Title: Administrative Assistant/Church Secretary
Job Type: Part-Time
- Hourly -25 hours per week
- Monday—Friday,10:00 am –3:00 pm (hours are subject to change depending on church activities. Must be willing to work weekend if needed)
Seeking a self-starter with an innovative approach to administration and a keen eye for details. Mus be able to perform clerical administrative tasks under the general day-to-day supervision of the Pastor, that will support the overall function and activities of the church. Must also able to create an environment that is inviting to anyone passing through, an is comforting and calming to those who may be dealing with stress or confusion.
Reports to: Pastor
Job Responsibilities (as follows, but not limited to):
- Administrator will become the “during-the week-voice of the church. Must be able to communicate effectively in a broad range of areas by fielding phone calls and communicating messages to the Pastor and other church members.
- Check the telephone answering system regularly, return calls or deliver message to Pastor, as appropriate.
- Sort and distribute as appropriate daily mail from church mailbox
- Check e-mail regularly during the day and respond accordingly
- Keep church staff informed of member’s need such as deaths, illness or other crises.
- Perform general office work, maintain supplies and various files; keep records and compile reports. Accuracy and attention to detail is a must
- Type, edit and prepare weekly bulletins and other documents as requested
- Maintain records of baptisms, dedications, wedding, membership, and visitor attendance
- Utilizing church management software to maintain all membership records and keeping accurate church records
- Photocopy documents and assemble as needed
- Manage and keep an up-to-date master calendar of events for all church activities
- Maintain bulleting boards and church Calendars with current events.
- Maintain Pastor’s Calendar
- Perform additional responsibilities and duties as directed by the Pastor and/or church members
Required Knowledge, skills, and Abilities
- Must be committed to the church’s mission and message
- Must be an active member of a local church
- Must be courteous and tactful with parishioners, especially in times of grief and crises
- Must exercise exceptional judgement in dealing with sensitive and personal issues
- Wiliness to learn new skills, work as a team player and overall dependability and accessibility are very important.
- Personal integrity and commitment to confidentiality must be above reproach
- High School diploma or GED equivalent required
- Associate’s degree recommended
- At least two years clerical or administrative experience.
- Experience with Microsoft Office, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and ability to work with graphics
Submit Resume via email to: Administrative Office, firstname.lastname@example.org